Sunday 18 January 2015

Gull's Rest

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge'
DAY 18
'Gull's Rest'
oil on board 8" x 8"



If you've ever been on the branch line train and alighted at St Ives Station, cornwall, England (the last on the line before you virtually drop into the Atlantic Ocean) you couldn't have failed to see Porthminster Beach.

With it's pristine white sand and clear turquoise water you'd be forgiven if you thought you were somewhere in the Caribbean.



I first glimpsed this beautiful cove as I descended from the coastal path which wends it way through thick, lush woods and at some points, clings worrying to the edge of the cliff. 

Take my word for it...the water is turquoise, even on this particular day when the sky was overcast, the light was fading and we'd had a bit of a downpour. (Yes it DOES rain in Cornwall, quite a bit, actually.)

I love having a beach to myself, either very early in the morning or later in the day when tired and weary families have departed.
There was just a huge, lone black-backed gull guarding the beach for all it was worth, and me.


Why not join me over on my Facebook page where it's all happening and get regular updates in your newsfeed and information regarding up and coming sales and exclusive offers?

Jules xxwww.facebook.com/jujuandbubba

www.jujuandbubba.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment