Monday 26 January 2015

Value

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge'
DAY 25
'Boats'
oil on board 8" x 8"

Shadows are the darndest things, aren't they?
Apparently, 'they anchor the object/thing, it becomes solid and makes them part of the painting.' So I'm told...



The  photo for this painting was taken in St Mawes on a very hot, sunny day and the shadows were sharp and clearly defined. 
Again, this one involved a great deal of squinting to see those flipping 'values'.

 BTW..I'm a little concerned that all this squinting I'm doing is going to cause even more crow's feet. The things I do for my art...

Just five more paintings to go folks and then you can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Why not join me over on my Facebook page where it's all happening and get regular updates in your newsfeed and information regarding up and coming sales and exclusive offers?

Jules xxwww.facebook.com/jujuandbubba

www.jujuandbubba.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely beautiful The shadows are so crisp and clean that when I viewed it on Leslie's blog, I was convinced it was a photograph! :) Your values are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sam, I really enjoyed panning this one1

      Delete
  2. Painting .... not panning!

    ReplyDelete