Friday 9 January 2015

Waiting for the tide...

'Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge'

DAY NINE 

'Waiting for the Tide'
oil on board
20cm x 20cm


A big thank you to those on Facebook who offered their 'interesting' suggestions for subject matter for my next few paintings. They ranged from trees, birds, animals, insects and seascapes to flowers. 

Oh, and I had  the suggestion of painting a husband and wife on the Cobb at Lyme Regis holding hands  - to remind them of their wedding day. 
I think that's called 'a commission'. *winks* 

Flowers. LOADS of you suggested I paint them, those dastardly, floaty, colourful things you stick in a vase.

Don't you realise how that word puts the fear of God in me? 
You clearly haven't read ANY of my Facebook posts about 'flowers' (or the lack of them) so get on down to my Facebook page and see if you can find one, or you're on the naughty step. 
Again.

I'm glad to say that 'seascapes' won the day. 
Seeing as I was brought up by the sea, it seemed an appropriate subject. Not that I'm very good at them or anything...I just like daubing them.

Today's painting challenge was to use as few brushstrokes as possible. 
The broad sweeps of horizontal colour were a cinch and then I let myself down by grabbing the nearest 000 brush and started faffin, shoulders hunched, magnifying glass in hand - not a pretty sight.

There's no hope, unless someone comes and removes all my tidddly brushes and replaces them with your bog standard household 4" paint brush. (Please don't...I might just cry.)




Oh, and you'll be pleased to know I did a bit of palette knife painting. Boy was that fun!

Jules xx





0 comments:

Post a Comment